10.11.2013

Namaste

Busy, busy, busy...How can I not work and be sooo busy??  Easy!  Walking the dogs, buying groceries, cooking, cleaning, taking care of house stuff back in Arkansas and family stuff and general stuff. It all adds up!  Plus I have taken on one of my goals - yoga class.  Awwww. 

Yoga is an interesting thing.  I call it a thing because it is different things to different people.  For some it is an active search for spiritual enlightenment and for others it is merely a form of exercise.  I am of the latter group although I do enjoy the spiritual aspects of meditation, calmness, and taking calmness and peace into the world. 

I have listed a few commonly used yoga terms below.  Why?  I don't know, I just thought it would be useful to me so maybe to someone else too. 

For me, the main draw to yoga is the total body makeover it offers.  Stretching and strengthening muscles creates leanness and firmness.  Working at a slower pace than Zumba keeps my heart rate up but not up too high.  Some of the inversion poses actually lower blood pressure for hours.  It is just an all around healthy approach to life.  Taking care of myself gently without judgment.  I can already report a tremendous increase in my sleep, in the strength of my breath and drumroll please - an enormous decrease in my lower back strain and excruciating pain that kept me from being able to unload a dishwasher, walk the isles at Walmart, vacuum and many other activities without tremendous pain.

My core is strengthening, my posture improving, my body slimming, slowly but surely. 

This may not be the most creative post I ever wrote, but it is possibly the most important.  Find your exercise that you love.  Pursue it with gusto.  See the results.

My plan is working.  I am in better health from two months of walking, yoga and healthy eating than I have been in a very long time.  I am beginning to trust myself more and believe this is the time I will stick with it. I will be gearing up my job search soon and that will fulfill my ultimate plan. 

For now, I am taking care of me. Enjoying the results and looking forward to the days ahead. 

May the peace in you grow as the days pass... Namaste

Yoga Terms
Asanas ("seat"): Physical postures of yoga.
Pranayama: Breath awareness to facilitate inner stillness and awareness.
Namaste: Commonly said at the end of yoga class by the instructor and the students. One beautiful interpretation: I honor that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you, there is only one of us.
Savasana: Final relaxation; literally translated as "corpse pose."
Vinyasa yoga, though very broad in the types of yoga it can incorporate, is frequently also termed flow yoga. In this type of yoga the focus is on merging the breath, or pranayama, with the movements, or asanas. Because of this a typical vinyasa yoga sequence has a clear beginning, middle and end.

That's all ~ Thanks Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what you have to say....comments, constructive criticism, advice and/or anything else - except trash - I delete that stuff!

(If you want to leave a comment but are not a "blogger" just set up a FREE gmail account with google)