9.25.2013

Don't Put Sugar in the Gas Tank Idiot

Wanna really screw up your car/truck?  Try putting sugar in the gas tank.  I have never done this personally, never even came close to doing this. I never once grabbed the bag of sugar out of the cabinet and headed for the car.  Why?  Because everyone knows, and I mean anyone old enough to operate a moving vehicle that sugar is not on the list of approved fuels.  You don't even put the fuel for one type of engine, such as diesel into the tank of a vehicle built to run on regular fuel (unleaded).  Gasoline is gasoline and adding anything else, even ethanol, a fuel substitute can produce iffy results.

I think you know where I am going with this. 

As ridiculous as it is to put sugar in the tank, it is equally ridiculous to put unhealthy food choices in my body and expect it to run on inadequate or toxic fuel.  I find it interesting that I make these little justifications like it smells so good I will just have a little, or its the weekend so I am gonna take a break.  Imagine the disaster if I approached my car fuel with "well its my birthday so I am gonna dump a couple of cups of white rice in the tank.  I deserve it." 

I am being silly, I know, but I am trying to make an impression in my brain.  An awareness that like the fuel tank in my car, my personal fuel tank deserves respect, care and responsible attention.  I know I will never be a perfect eater, I love food, especially trying new ethnic foods and I always will.  But I would really like to build a bridge of understanding and cooperation between my senses, my brain and my stomach.  I would like to hear my head tell my nose and appetite not to be an idiot and that my brain would win the war at least part of the time.  (I don't mean idiot in an unkind way, just don't be dumb way - you know you are going to regret that decision way.)

Every ounce of fuel I put in the tank matters. It matters every time.  I can lie to myself and say "oh that little bit won't hurt" and maybe it won't cause my engine to stop running, true, but it does matter.  Every bite does matter.  I get it.  I want to remember it.  I want to live it. 

That's all ~ Thanks y'all!

1 comment:

  1. My grandmothers's father and uncle were killed by the russians in WWII. As the russians were coming down the road ready to take my grandmother's home and all her family's possessions including the vehicles she poured sugar into the tank. Brave and feisty she was...

    I seem to "forget" how shitty I will feel after eating crappy food. And yet I continue to do it.

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you have to say....comments, constructive criticism, advice and/or anything else - except trash - I delete that stuff!

(If you want to leave a comment but are not a "blogger" just set up a FREE gmail account with google)