3.12.2011

Cloud of Witnesses

Today was another tough day (I am starting to see a pattern - it seems there are a lot of "tough days" in my weight loss world )☺.  I HAD to go to the grocery store.  Number 1 - I ran out of Kleenex and each bathroom was on its last roll of tp.  My sinuses are not getting the message that it is long over due for them to be healed so I had to have nose supplies.  My husband had gone to work and the kids are reliable to help out but they were sleeping and you don't poke the bear when it's asleep - just sayin'.

So grumpy and still not 100% after my disgusting and frustrating week of illness, I went to Walmart - at 8 a.m. because had I been there with other shoppers, someone might have gotten hurt.  Again, just sayin'. 

I was not in the mood to buy groceries, but thought, might as well while I'm here.  Its the only way to make sure I get what I need for the week. (and sick or no sick I have to go back to work - I have to)  So I drag myself around the store, totally uninspired.  Because I am in a fog, I end up getting two bags of greens - that's enough for two weeks but they only keep for one, i guess I will try to freeze them. I was exhausted by the time I got done and really in a foul, I'm sick of not feeling good, mood. 

But, you know what I bought?  Healthy food.  I kept wanting to fill my buggy with things that would be easy to cook so I could have an easy week but I couldn't do it.  I can fudge here and there and I can go out to eat occasionally - but i could not shop for unhealthy food.  I'm really glad too!  I think that means I have started to form some new habits. 

I know I could fall off the wagon and go to taco hell at any moment.  But, at least my fridge is full of healthy options.  I even bought some tofu.  I have this idea to put it in my greens instead of turnip pieces, and add either some rice or barely to make a soup...still thinking about that one.  I am just glad that in the moment, feeling like crap, I didn't give in and I didn't give up. 

I think I have all of you to thank for some of that resolve!  Knowing you are here cheering for me, and following your own plan too, I don't want to let you down.  I know I will feel like I have sometimes as you will feel the same about me but I don't want to let me down either and it is all working out.

In Al Anon we would end our meetings saying "Keep coming back - it works if you work it"  and that comes to my mind as well as the chapter in Hebrews that says something to effect of, "Seeing that we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, let us run with patience the race that was set before us,  Seeking the strength of Jesus Christ our Lord, the author and finisher of our faith."  Kim paraphrased.  Great Cloud of Witnesses - I think that pretty much sums it up. 

Thanks Ya'll

5 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite passages. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for healthy foods. It does work, if you work it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I hate to say this, but I must. Every time I visit your blog my computer crashes. It may just be a coincidence--but it keeps happening.

    And on my gmial email account, ALL of the emailers addresses are listed as from "Beginning Anew". All of them. The name of the person who sent the email, then your address. Too weird.

    I'd have sent this by email, but I sent you a query about it and you didin't reply, so I'm thinking that maybe you don't read your gmail. I didn't used to.

    Anyway, I'm unfollowing you and not visiting to see if my computer problem clears up. I just wanted you to know that it has NOTHING to do with you at all.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. healthy kitchen, will lead to packed healthy food for work, and healthy food for dinner. When to set yourself up for a great week. hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - enjoyed reading your blog. Mine is somewhat nontraditional as well. I invite you to visit at www.myrasjourney.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you soon.

    -Myra

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you have to say....comments, constructive criticism, advice and/or anything else - except trash - I delete that stuff!

(If you want to leave a comment but are not a "blogger" just set up a FREE gmail account with google)