2.10.2011

{{[ The Wait of Weightloss ]}}

News Flash:  I gained back 4 pounds last weekend.  I didn't want to post about it until I had figured out just what that cost me.  It cost me 4 days.  On superbowl weekend I tried a little experiment, dangerous I know.  I decided to let myself eat what I wanted, within reason, for the weekend.  I had a big ol breakfast on Sunday morning, some cheese dip, some tostadas and gaucamole with the superbowl.  I can't remember what we ate on Saturday but it wasn't my usual lean meat and grains. 

So what did I learn?  That even with exercise and very healthy eating, it took me 4 days to clear out one weekend of letting go.  Now, I am not beating myself up for this - I refuse to do that - even if I gain 10, 20, 30 pounds - I don't want to ever beat myself up for it.  It is what it is - enough said. 

I wanted to see what would happen if I took off weekends and let it go.  4 pounds happened.  Okay, now that I know - I have a choice.  I can go backward every weekend and spend the week struggling to overcome the ground I lost with the weight I gained.  Or I can find a way to power through the weekend and keep my mojo on it's forward roll.....hmmmm....

I know I don't have the determination to keep relosing those 4 pounds every week.  So I better get it together and figure out how to make it through the weekend without killing my plan.  Maybe every weekend I try a new recipe (the right kind of recipe!)  I don't know.  I know I will figure it out eventually.  I am glad to know I have most of the tools but maybe a couple of them need sharpening or I need to add a new tool or two.  I am open to feedback - how do other folks make it through the weekend?  That has always been our "end of week - lets relax and have some soul food" time.

So the wait of weightloss.  It can be daunting.  It sure is for me.  I don't think I want to play the two steps forward, one step back game. Even if I never go backwards again - I still have a long road ahead of me.  I really can't afford to retrace my steps.  I am not even trying to rush myself, it is about healthy living, but at the same time, I am not going to let myself off the hook either. 

 I am not sorry I tried this.  I have to find my limits in my new life style.  I am thankful that I am honest with myself, that I am starting to see the cause and effect of eating and weight.  I am starting to see myself realistically in the mirror.  I am trying to break free from other people's misery and judgements.  Healthy weightloss takes time - it seems like a waiting game in some ways but it doesn't have to be.  I need to make this an active pursuit every day, and not a wait and see what happens game.  I am in control - if I stay mentally focused I am even more in control - of my goals and my life.  No longer a victim I don't need to wait.  I just need to move .... forward.  Am I going to be a victim, a stranger or an activist in my own life. 

I choose (c.)  ACTIVIST - let's go! 

Thanks Ya'll!

http://caloriecount.about.com/  Found this online looking for a calorie counter - I'm going to try it out and see if it is helpful - wanted to pass it along!

ps. if anyone wants to help me, I am trying to install a weight loss ticker on my blog but every time I try to add it to my gadgets it says something is wrong with my URL.  I'm stuck!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you saw the reality. And now you know you can't say you didn't know if it happens again. ;)

    The new recipe thing would be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it's cool to know, that two days of over doing cost 4 days of working hard.
    A learning experience and that is what a new life style is all about. You're doing well. I've ready quite a bit tonight and I'd say your learning very well.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you have to say....comments, constructive criticism, advice and/or anything else - except trash - I delete that stuff!

(If you want to leave a comment but are not a "blogger" just set up a FREE gmail account with google)