9.05.2013

Take Your Tylenol and Stop Poking Yourself in the Eye

I am not much of a pill taker. For some reason I have always been a little hesitant to take over the counter meds especially Tylenol and Ibuprofen.  I think we as American consumers probably over medicate and I reserve taking pain medication until it's absolutely necessary. 

I am finding though over the last few years that when trying to get back into shape I do have some pain, some inflammation, some discomfort.  I am learning to use the remedies available to me to alleviate these symptoms so I can push ahead.  Maybe some folks would say big deal but for me it is a big deal.  It would be easy to sit back and say I can't walk because my knee is hurting but I am not doing that.  I am medicating and moving on with a promise that if it keeps hurting (whatever IT is) I will go to the doctor but I will not let it keep me from moving. 

Remember that old joke about the little boy that pokes his eye with his finger and tells his mom, "when I do this it hurts"  and mom wisely replies, "well stop doing that".  That only applies to fingers poking eyes not the aches and pains of exercise. I have to strike that balance while listening to my body to know when it is telling me to forge ahead with the over the counter aid and when to lay low.  So far so good...and I'm keeping my finger out of my eye too, just in case.

That's All ~ Thanks Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what you have to say....comments, constructive criticism, advice and/or anything else - except trash - I delete that stuff!

(If you want to leave a comment but are not a "blogger" just set up a FREE gmail account with google)