3.24.2011

Temptation, not so tempting

This time it was my daughter's fault.  Haha, just kidding.  There is no fault or blame in healthy eating, none necessary, but that's another post. 

This one is simply, I came home from work yesterday,exhausted. Had mega chores to do before the bug guy came today to spray the house today.  My daughter Gracie had gone to dinner with some friends at TGI Fridays and brought home some left over fried shrimp.  My husband and I had an unspoken contest to see who could scarf them down the quickest and thereby get the most :).  He then said, hey I don't mind going and picking up some more and some spinach dip (Gracie said their spinach dip was amazing too).  Well, I'm not gonna argue with that - I'm too tired to think and definitely don't mind a night of not cooking.  Long story short, I really didn't talk to him about what he was getting and he came home with two orders of shrimp and the dip.  Ugh.  A little fried food goes a long way.  I ate a couple of the shrimp and some of the dip then realized, I really didn't like the way it was making me feel.  I stopped and packed it up for lunch today. 

But the most amazing thing, this morning, I didn't want to take that for my lunch.  I'm going to give it to size 3 Gracie for her afternoon snack.  I brought black bean soup.  I'm gearing up for a post about guilt, but right now I just wanted to say, I don't like the way I used to eat.  Now, I allow myself to eat whatever I want - if I really want it, in moderation, because I'm not dieting, I'm changing my life forever.  You can't eat super healthy at every meal forever, that's not realistic because there is eating out and special holiday foods and sharing food with family and friends.  However, a handful of fried shrimp is not the same as a whole order, with french fries. I am learning this a day at a time.  The point of all this is, eating healthy has changed my life.  I want healthy foods in my body.  I want to be able to trust myself to know when to start, when to stop and how to make the good days count the most.  Life is going to happen, stresses are always there, but I can eat healthy, (which to me means lots of veggies, lean meats, no processed foods, whole grain and pure water) most of time and be okay with the rest.  It may not work for everyone, but it is working for me. 

That's all, Thanks Ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm glad I found yours, and I will be checking in and following. I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fried foods don't do much for me anymore either. They mostly give me a stomach ache, glad you were able to pack it up for another day.

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you have to say....comments, constructive criticism, advice and/or anything else - except trash - I delete that stuff!

(If you want to leave a comment but are not a "blogger" just set up a FREE gmail account with google)