9.12.2013

Enough

 

e·nough

[ih-nuhf] Show IPA
adjective
1.
adequate for the want or need; sufficient for the purpose or to satisfy desire: enough water; noise enough to wake the dead.
pronoun
2.
an adequate quantity or number; sufficiency.
adverb
3.
in a quantity or degree that answers a purpose or satisfies a need or desire; sufficiently.
4.
fully or quite: ready enough.
interjection
5.
(used to express impatience or exasperation): Enough! I heard you the first time.




Origin:
before 900; Middle English enogh, Old English genōh;  cognate with German genug, Gothic ganohs, Old Norse nōgr;  akin to Old English geneah  it suffices, Sanskrit naśati
 (he) reaches

1. ample,  adequately, amply, reasonably.
 
How do we know when we are doing enough, when we have eaten enough, when we have enough?
 
I think this is a strange word and it slips into my healthy living endeavor daily.  It speaks of balance, of knowing oneself, and the action of  putting on the brakes or injecting a break.  It can be whispered and mean one thing or screamed and mean something completely different. 
 
Today, I think on this word enough.  I want to find the balance of knowing what is enough and the inner voice to say I've had enough and the wisdom to know what is enough. 
 
Word for the day, enough. 
 
That's all ~ Thanks y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what you have to say....comments, constructive criticism, advice and/or anything else - except trash - I delete that stuff!

(If you want to leave a comment but are not a "blogger" just set up a FREE gmail account with google)